Thursday, 15th November 2018

A presidential election run-off was held in Cyprus on 24 February 2013. Conservative candidate Nicos Anastasiades (Democratic Rally - DISY) won the election with 57.48% of the vote, while his opponent Stavros Malas (Progressive Party of Working People - AKEL) received the remaining 42.52%.

Unemployment and the rise of instability in Southern Europe

Written by  |  Friday, 08 February 2013 21:43  |  Published in Europe economy

According to the latest Eurostat’s statistics, unemployment rate in Southern Europe is growing rapidly. More specifically, the unemployment rate reached 26.8% in Greece, 26.1% in Spain and 16.5% in Portugal

Post-ETA era in the Basque peace process

Written by  |  Friday, 08 February 2013 11:43  |  Published in Europe politics

In the early 2013, on January 12, the Basque Country witnessed a huge demonstration against the isolation policy of the Spanish and French states with regard to political prisoners dispersed throughout the territories of both countries. Participation rate, around 115,000

Of Subjects and Objects or when Creators Became Creations

Written by  |  Wednesday, 23 January 2013 10:46  |  Published in Europe society

A brief history of Mankind and institutions dominating his life



Page 2 of 2

Follow Us



Google+      

Get Published

Legal Note

opensocietyoline.com includes links to both internal and external websites which are selected to be editorially relevant to the content they are linking from. Open Society Online cannot be held responsible for the content of external links, third party content that is published on the website or cited references.

Tribune Times Joomla 2.5 Template
(C) 2012 Monev Software LLC / joomlaxtc.com